There is an incredible opportunity for innovation in the drug development process. We are reimagining what’s possible to build a more efficient and sustainable model.Christian Antoni, MD, PhD Chief Global Development Officer
Principal Scientist -Biology
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
At Kestrel our aspiration is to invent brilliant technologies and develop novel small molecule agents for cancer targets of exceptional scientific and clinical import, beginning with mutant RAS. Our reliance is on the rigorous application of innovative science in the service of the discovery of new medicines for people with cancer. Our priority is patients, always.
Kestrel is an oncology biotech start-up in its early stages of growth, having been in operation since January of 2022. We have excellent funding and, having moved into our new laboratory space in early 2023, are in the process of expanding our team.
We are seeking an innovative and motivated cell / molecular biologist to join our growing early Biology team. The successful candidate will lead in vitro and in vivo activities to identify and evaluate target dependency hypotheses, help identify preclinical models representative of target patient populations, and validate small molecule leads.
The successful candidate will assume the role of Principal Scientist, Biology and will report to the Director, Biology.
- Serve as the Biology lead on a team passionate about developing small molecule modulators of clinically validated targets
- Develop and validate cell-based models, evaluate candidate small molecules, and support our drug discovery efforts
- Evaluate drug mechanism of action and response / resistance in clinically-relevant models
- Design, execute, and analyze in vivo pharmacology studies, utilizing PK/PD and efficacy data to drive lead optimization and support DC nomination
- Prepare regulatory reports for filings and external scientific presentations
- Manage internal research activities and external CROs to drive our projects
Experience & Qualifications
- Ph.D. with post-doctoral training in genetics / cell / molecular biology or related field
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in biotech / pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of excellence as evidenced by high impact, peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with cell line profiling, pathway signaling, understanding of genomic drivers and PD/predictive biomarkers, assay development, and compound profiling
- Thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment, detail-oriented, problem solver
- Highly self-motivated, collaborative, ability to work in a team with a high level of integrity and commitment to quality
- Excellent written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
Kestrel Therapeutics offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401k plan.
Kestrel Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Ready to push beyond boundaries for equitable access for all.
- Problem Solving
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow us on social.
We’re Remaking Medicine in a virtual-first environment. You can also find us at our Cambridge Hub.
EQRx Hub Location
50 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone +1 (617) 315-2255